French Course French Course
Learn French online with the Optimnem French course. Ideal for beginners, those with a little knowledge of the language or those who find learning or using correct grammar difficult.
If this is your first visit to our site, you may want to find out more about Daniel. Also, read the introduction to our online language courses.
We provide courses for beginner, intermediate and advanced level. Each course consists of 10 lessons, with each lesson focusing on a different 'building block' of the language.
How our courses work
Whole sentence examples with simultaneous translation:
- 'Mon père aime la soupe aux poivres'
(My father loves pepper soup)
Hundreds of native speaker-recorded audio clips, including both male and female voices:
- 'Je fais ma gymnastique en regardant la télévision'
(I do my exercises while watching the television)
- 'Écoutez! L'auto du médecin arrive à quatre heures'
(Listen! The doctor's car arrives at four o'clock)
Simple, jargon-free explanations of grammatical features
Emphasis on word relationships and other patterns to aid recall:
- grand/e (big)
- la grand-rue (high street)
- grandir (to grow, to exaggerate)
- la grand-mère (grandmother)
Lots of self-check exercises to monitor your progress; just click the sentence to reveal the answer:
- My friend's father is a doctor. He is called Michel and he is forty years old
Le père de mon ami est médecin. Il s'appelle Michel et il a quarante ans
Frequently asked questions
- Is there any time limit?
- No. Learners can take as little or as long over each lesson as they need.
- Is the course suitable for children?
- Yes, the course's lessons are suitable for children as well as adults.
- How much does the course cost and how do I pay online?
- Each course is £17.99 (around 21 Euros or 28 US dollars) or purchase all 3 course levels together for £29.99 (44 Euros/$59 US). You can make a secure online payment. Upon receipt of payment you will receive an email with your own, unique password and link to access the course pages.
Optimnem is a good course for learners, especially those confused by traditional verb lists and grammar rules.
Laura K. Lawless, About.com, French Guide Editor
Read a list of the lessons available when you sign up to learn French online.
Have other questions about Optimnem's language courses? Email us your questions.